As you have read, we are Disney Addicts. When we take a family vacation we are probably heading to Orlando, Florida!
Mainly we go cause we love it. But we have also found that a WDW trip is cheaper than other resort vacation.
Every time we have a long weekend coming up on the calendar we start looking to see if we are going to head out of town. For the last year or so, I’ve checked the availability and pricing at Great Wolf Lodge. We’ve seen the pictures, and heard the stories–looks like a great place!
Then I look at the costs and I just haven’t been able to pull the trigger.
With Labor Day approaching, I wanted to investigate the costs further and do a real comparison.
So here are the criteria for my comparison:
- Check in 8/29 for 3 nights
- No food included
- No extra addon such as Memory Maker or GWL packages
- Tickets for main attractions included, i.e. 2 day tickets for WDW and waterpark tickets for GWL
- 2 adults and 1 child (Brooke is now an adult to WDW)
- Standard rooms – used Pop Century at WDW
Great Wolf Lodge Price
Walt Disney World
Trip to WDW savings – $106.08
With both resorts there are coupons and specials that could get you better pricing. This is using each resort’s website and taking the prices offered.
And to be clear, the WDW trip includes 2 day tickets for everyone.